Archive for Musicals.Net Musicals.Net
FanfictionI'm sorry if there's been a topic like this before, but I'm interested in people's opinions on this topic. Here's a few questions for you all:
1. Do you write/read fanfiction?
2. Bookverse or musicalverse?
3. AU or canon?
4. What do you think about slash?
5. What about ridiculous (sorry - very AU) pairings like Enjolras/Eponine?
7. Favourite story? Favourite themes/characters?
8. Pet peeves?
9. Should stories be Hugo-esque in style?
10. Is there such a thing as a good time-travel fic?
||I like it all, but to answer more detailed questions... I prefer dramatic, unrequited love, dark stories on Les Mis. My fave characters to read about is the Eponine, Marius, Cosette love triangle. Or Montparnasse/Eponine angst. For me stories do not need to be Hugo-esque... That's impossible anyway.|
]1. Do you write/read fanfiction? YES! (BTW I'm AzelmaCombeferre on ff.net!)
2. Bookverse or musicalverse? Book!verse, 'cause of COMBEFERRE!
3. AU or canon? AU, so Les Amis can live!
4. What do you think about slash? I like it when it has some basis to it. Like Enjolras/Grantaire makes sense, and so does Enjolras/Combeferre (sorta) but yet again I think Combeferre/Courfeyrac is a good pairing. But I don't like JVJ/Javert or Enjolras/Marius (though, apparantly, if I were a slash pairing, I'd be Enjy/Mari) I really only like fluff, cuteness, and sweet slash, nothing too angtsy (expect Enjy/R, that needs Angst. . But I will not read anything above a T rating, I really don't like it when it's pornographic.
5. What about ridiculous (sorry - very AU) pairings like Enjolras/Eponine? Okay you got me, I do actaully like Enjolras/Eponine, if it's well written and does not create Eppie-Sues. I love Grantaire/Eponine, Grantaire/Cosette, and Combeferre/Azelma (see username!)
6. Serious/Humour? HUMOR! But there are defiantly some very good serious fics!
7. Favourite story? Favourite themes/characters? I have to choose one? okay, well I'm breaking it up into categories.
Favorite Humor- "Blonde on the Barricade" by Skippy1 Too funny. AU of the barricade, Enjolras is stressed, Eponine is sudical, Cosette (who is actaully one of my favorites) is a dumb blonde, Marius sings showtunes and is gay. haha.
Favorite Epically Long Serious Fic-Saga of Christian Caron. Yes I've read it. Combeferre is such a sweetie, even though Chantal is a total Mary-Sue. This is the fic that got my to love Enjolras/Grantaire. The ending made me cry too. However I found Joly/Lesgles/Musichetta to be just wrong...
Favorite Les Miserables parody- "Les Miserables preforming...Les Miserables?" Yes, it's Enjolras/Eponine, but its too funny. Javert and Valjean bickering too! Awesome parody!
Favorite Les Miserables Preforming another Musical- "Miztime".By La Epster. Les MisXRagtime. Enjolras/R, unrequited Eponine/R, Joly/Eponine. I love anything by this author.
Characters-R, Enjy, Eponine, Javert, COMBEFERRE!
8. Pet peeves? "Les Miserables goes to High School" fics. Ugh.
9. Should stories be Hugo-esque in style? They don't have to be.
10. Is there such a thing as a good time-travel fic? They rarely get finished, so i'm quessing no...
Wow, I wrote a lot here, I'm such a nerd as you can see!
||I consider fanfiction to be evil.|
||Awww, it can be fun!|
... I'm taking this personally.
kidding kidding. Kill Enjolras/Eponine with fiiiiiireee.
It could work! If, um, Eponine never met Marius. And Enjolras considered her the personification of the suffering masses or something. And he miraculously started defying the omniscient narrator's assertion that he was chaste and not attracted to women. And he regarded her on the idealized plane to the point where he could overlook how skeevy and unstable she was. (Actually, that last statement is probably the most plausible of the bunch.)
...oh what am I talking about, I tried to write Enjolras/Eponine once and the only way I could wrap my head around it was if Eponine had been the model for Liberty Leading the People.
Besides, if Enjolras wants to mack on the personification of the suffering of the masses, Feuilly is right there. And is less likely to have lice.
Not really. Maybe if there was something that really interested me.
I would read either.
This depends. I'm not gonna read "Eponine lives and she and Marius have 5 kids" fic, but I might read "Valjean never saved Marius at the barricades" fic.
Depends. If it has a plot (not really into slash for itself so I need plot) and who it's about. It would be very very hard to convince me that Valjean/Javert is remotely plausible for instance.
If the author can make it believable, sure. Also it depends on the context. I probably couldn't get behind Eponine/Enjolras true love but I could probably manage 'affection buddies'.
Don't really have any.
Nicknames that don't occur in the book.
Certainly doesn't have to be.
There's such a thing as a good anything fic. I'm sure someone out there could write a good Valjean mpreg fic.
I love you a lot right now.
LOL. Hehehe, Sorry
I actaully flip-flop a lot on Enjolras/Eponine, Really just depends on how its written. Like some fics are really good and others just stink. But He's still way more fun with R...